I am Yulai, a second-year Ph.D. student at Princeton working on machine learning. My departmental page is here.
My research interests lie in theories/experiments of modern machine learning. I am also eager to investigate the infinite potential of modern data-driven approaches in practice.
- Ph.D. student, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Princeton University.
- Visiting Student, Institute for Machine Learning, ETH Zürich.
- Research Assistant, Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington.
- Bachelor, Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University.
Provably Efficient CVaR RL in Low-rank MDPs
Yulai Zhao*, Wenhao Zhan*, Xiaoyan Hu*, Ho-fung Leung, Farzan Farnia, Wen Sun, Jason D. Lee
NeurIPS 2023 Workshop on Mathematics of Modern Machine Learning
Local Optimization Achieves Global Optimality in Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning
Yulai Zhao, Zhuoran Yang, Zhaoran Wang, Jason D. Lee
International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2023
Blessing of Class Diversity in Pre-training
Yulai Zhao, Jianshu Chen, Simon S. Du
International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS) 2023
[Oral Presentation] [Notable Paper]
Optimizing the Performative Risk under Weak Convexity Assumptions
NeurIPS 2022 Workshop on Optimization for Machine Learning
Provably Efficient Policy Optimization for Two-Player Zero-Sum Markov Games
Yulai Zhao, Yuandong Tian, Jason D. Lee, Simon S. Du
International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS) 2022
At Princeton, I have been a teaching assistant for:
- ECE 435/535: Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition (2023 Fall)